About WAGC & WAGI
World Golfers Championship and the Invitational are two separate tournaments played simultaneously and reach out to all golfers and give them the unique experience to participate in a fair and exciting game together with other participants from all around the world!
The Championship (WGC) is an amateur golf tournament played both as a 5-person team and individually within 5 handicap flights. It begins with qualifiers around the world and ends with a big world final.
The Championship information
The Invitational (WGI) runs parallel to the Championship and is a great opportunity to experience the event without first having to qualify. Join executives, golf federations, sponsors, celebrities, national organizers and other golf enthusiasts from around the world in this 5-star VIP challenge.
Some interesting facts about World Golfers Championship:-
- WGC was founded 1995
- Arnold Palmer is WGC’s Tournament Patron and Severiano Ballesteros is Honorary Chairman of the Advisory Board
- WGC world final is played over 72 holes (like professional PGA tournaments)
- WGC complies with USGA and R&A amateur rules 4:2 (ii) as a team event, consisting of one player in each of the following handicap categories: 0-5, 6-10, 11-15, 16-20, 21-25
- WGC is the largest amateur championship involving thousands of golfers in over 40 countries
- WGC is the amateur golfers’ championship available to everyone with a registered hcp
- WGC is designed to give golfers of all skill levels the thrill and prestige of representing their country in a global championship golf event
for more details about World Golfers Championship - click here